Announcements and Postings
The Monongalia County Planning Office and the Monongalia County Floodplain Office have been experiencing intermittent phone connection issues.
If you receive a notice that a number is unavailable or that the voicemail box is full, please attempt to contact the main Planning Office number at 304-291-9570 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Also please take note of the number you originally dialed and any instructions the phone system indicated – thank you)
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
- If you wish to attend a public meeting, please contact the Planning Office ahead of the scheduled meeting for more information on how to attend.
- Case DSI 001-2020: A proposal to consider a Development of Significant Impact review for the property legally described as Union Tax Map 21 parcel 25. The applicant is proposing to install two mini-storage buildings of 13,750 and 6,780 sq ft each. This is in addition to a previously approved CUP and Variance. &;
- Case DSI 002-2020: A proposal to consider a Development of Significant Impact review for the property legally described as Morgan Tax Map 8A parcel 60. The applicant is proposing to install 35 townhomes on 2.22 acres. &;
- Case DSI 003-2020: A proposal to consider a Development of Significant Impact review for the property legally described as Morgan Tax Map 8A parcel 62, and 62.2 through 62.15.The applicant is proposing to install 70 townhomes and 2 apartment buildings of 12 units each on 8.22 acres. Please Click Here for the Agenda and Staff Reports.
- Case CUP 001-2021: A conditional use permit to allow for the use of a portion of an existing building for a medical cannabis dispensary conditionally allowable via AI 001-2020, for the property legally described as Morgan Tax Map 4C, Parcel 27, which is zoned general commercial (C-1).
- Case VAR 002-2021: A variance request to reduce number of parking spaces from 38 to 33, pursuant to Sec 2500.08, at the property legally described as Morgan Tax Map 4C, Parcel 27, to install a 16 by 18 secured garage adjacent to an existing residence.
Case VAR 003-2021: A variance request to reduce the front yard setback from thirty-five (35) feet to twenty-nine point one (29.1) feet at its minimum at the property legally described as Morgan Tax Map 3E, Parcel 12, to construct a garage addition to an existing residence. Please Click Here for the Agenda and Staff Reports.
Meeting Dates and Submission Deadlines / Agendas / Minutes / Contact Us
FOR THE DRAFT SUBDIVISION AND LAND USE DEVELOPMENT ORDINANCE PLEASE CLICK HERE.
PSA: WV's Region Six Planning and Development Council, which includes Mon Co, has completed the survey on Broadband Needs. They have issued a report on the survey.
Want to Learn More? Have additional questions? MCPC Staff is available for presentations (nights and weekends included) regarding who we are, what we do, and the components of planning in West Virginia and the USA.
Please note the presentation will need to be scheduled at least one week in advance.
If you want to stay up to date on all things MCPC, please like us on our Mon County Planning Commission Facebook Page. The Facebook Page includes updates on future meetings as well as other items. Check it out!
Or follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MonongaliaC
Or on Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/company/monongalia-county-planning-commission
This is the official website of the Monongalia County Planning Commission and the Monongalia County Planning Office - the primary source of information on land use planning in Monongalia County. You will find information here ranging from land use planning initiatives and regulations to application forms and fee schedules.
We invite visitor's to submit questions, suggestions and comments by sending an email to email@example.com.
Monongalia County Planning Office
243 High Street, Room 026
Morgantown , WV 26505