OPEN POSITION: Planner I (Closing Date Dec 1, 2021)
The MCPC is currently looking for a new Planner I for the Mon County Planning Commission as a half time shared position with the MMMPO.
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor's degree in land use planning, transportation planning, communications or a closely related field.
Announcements and Postings
- If you wish to attend a public meeting, please contact the Planning Office ahead of the scheduled meeting for more information on how to attend.
- There are no scheduled public hearings.
- Case DSI 001-2021: A proposal to consider a Development of Significant Impact review for the property legally described as Morgan Tax Map 8A parcels 63, 64, 65, 66.1. The applicant is proposing to install 12 two-bedroom townhomes and a rental office on 0.82 acres. Please Click Here for the Agenda and Staff Report.
- CUP 004-2021 - allow for the installation of Limited Video Lottery terminals in a separate location from public access and view for a previously conditionally approved bar on Maple Drive.
- VAR 009-2021 - request to reduce: 1) the front yard setback from twenty-five (25) feet to twelve point five (12.5) feet at its minimum; and 2) increase the allowed slope grade of the road from the max of eight (8) percent to fourteen-point nine (14.9) percent on Idlewood Drive (this is a different site from the previous 2 Variance requests recently approved on Idlewood as well). Please Click Here for the Agenda and Staff Report.
Meeting Dates and Submission Deadlines / Agendas / Minutes / Contact Us
DEVELOPERS WORKSHOP: Thursday, November 17, 2021 from 8:00 to 5:00 pm in the Planning Conference Room.
We will walk attendees through the proposed ordinance IN HALF-HOUR slots. This workshop is to serve as an educational resource to help assist you moving forward once the regulations have been adopted and are in place. There will be a brief overview presentation available to attendees throughout the workshop. We encourage you to attend AND BRING AN EXAMPLE OF A SUBDIVISION to allow you to better understand how to use and take advantage of the regulations.
This will be an open house-style meeting from 8 to 5pm, and it is anticipated that your attendance will not exceed an hour.
FOR THE DRAFT SUBDIVISION AND LAND USE DEVELOPMENT ORDINANCE PLEASE CLICK HERE.
FOR THE DRAFT COMPREHENSIVE PLAN PLEASE CLICK HERE.
PSA: WV's Region Six Planning and Development Council, which includes Mon Co, has completed the survey on Broadband Needs. They have issued a report on the survey.
Want to Learn More? Have additional questions? MCPC Staff is available for presentations (nights and weekends included) regarding who we are, what we do, and the components of planning in West Virginia and the USA.
Please note the presentation will need to be scheduled at least one week in advance.
If you want to stay up to date on all things MCPC, please like us on our Mon County Planning Commission Facebook Page. The Facebook Page includes updates on future meetings as well as other items. Check it out!
Or follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MonongaliaC
Or on Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/company/monongalia-county-planning-commission
This is the official website of the Monongalia County Planning Commission and the Monongalia County Planning Office - the primary source of information on land use planning in Monongalia County. You will find information here ranging from land use planning initiatives and regulations to application forms and fee schedules.
We invite visitor's to submit questions, suggestions and comments by sending an email to email@example.com.
Monongalia County Planning Office
Office Hours: 8am - 4pm M - F
243 High Street, Room 026
Morgantown , WV 26505